With fall around the corner, it’s very easy for the changing weather and temperature to affect your home unfavorably. Since your windows play a key role in maintaining comfort and efficiency, it’s essential that you keep them in great shape.
While all windows sustain wear and tear eventually, there are ways to ensure you’ll make the most of their lifespan.
Easy Window Maintenance Tips
Extend your windows’ service life with the following tips from Renewal by Andersen® of Milwaukee, your trusted contractor for excellent windows and doors in Wisconsin.
- It’s not maintenance without a bit of cleaning. For your wooden windows, remove dust and dirt with a damp cloth. Don’t use too much water, as the moisture can encourage rot. Vinyl and aluminum-framed windows benefit from mild detergent and soft scrubbing brushes.
- Make sure that the window casing and adjacent wall area are also clean. This ensures that dirt and debris buildup do not lead to window jams.
- Clean the glass with mild soap-water solution and wipe with clean, soft cloth. Avoid doing this under direct sunlight, as the sun can damage the glass.
- Check for cracks or holes in your window units. Caulking will fix this, reducing the potential for air leakage. This will save you on energy costs.
- Replace worn rubber seals to help keep the window in place.
- If you need to repaint your window frames, clean them first. Repainting helps protect them from elements while also improving their appearance. Be careful not to paint over your window’s movable parts or paint over a shut window as it’ll stick.
- Replace your worn weather stripping with newer, better ones.
- If you discover rot in your wood windows, clean out the rotted section with a screwdriver. Fill the holes and cracks with epoxy putty. For best results, use several layers. When it dries, use sandpaper to smooth the area then apply primer and paint.
However, if the damage to your windows is more extensive than you thought, why not invest in replacement windows?
Why Choose Us
For your window replacement needs, look no further than Renewal by Andersen of Milwaukee. As the premier windows contractor in Milwaukee, we make sure that your home maintains its comfort and energy efficiency for years to come.
Our advanced Fibrex® material will ensure that your new windows are as sturdy as wood and as energy-efficient and easy to maintain as vinyl. You’ll also benefit from our glass technology, which will help maintain comfortable indoor temperatures in your home all year round. With your choice of High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass, your windows will reduce heat gain from harmful UV rays while offering more access for natural lighting in your rooms.
When your windows are beyond maintenance, get replacements from Renewal by Andersen® of Milwaukee for sturdy, reliable, and energy-efficient options. Call us today at (262) 522-3034 for a free estimate.