5 Steps to a Successful Window Installation ProjectOctober 14, 2014
There are many factors to consider when you’re ready to replace your windows. However, with proper planning, this doesn’t need to be a stressful experience. Renewal by Andersen®, your trusted window replacement company in Milwaukee, has compiled a simple checklist of what to do before you undertake this home improvement project.
- Do some preliminary research. Learn about the latest advances in window frame materials and glass. Decide how much you are willing to spend on windows. Buy the best windows you can afford, even if it means replacing them in stages rather than all at once.
- Schedule an in-home inspection. Many window contractors, including Renewal by Andersen of Milwaukee, offer free in-home consultations. Make use of this opportunity to have your windows evaluated and measured by an expert. Be open to learning about all the window options when it comes to style, materials and energy efficiency.
- Decide what you want. There are numerous window styles on the market today, including bow and bay, casement, double-hung, picture, sliding, specialty and awning windows in Milwaukee. Determine which windows you want to have installed.
- Ask for a written estimate. Request estimates from at least three reputable installers.Having all the details and specifications in writing means both parties will understand the scope and cost of the project. Compare the estimates in terms of cost, quality and warranty coverage.
- Select and hire a reputable contractor. Aside from making your window installation stress-free, hiring a trustworthy contractor will guarantee safe, fast, high-quality work. Don’t forget to verify licensing, insurance, certifications and customer references before signing a contract.
Renewal by Andersen of Milwaukee would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a no-obligation consultation for replacement windows in Milwaukee. Ensure the success of your window replacement project by calling Renewal by Andersen today at (262) 522-3034.